Southern Comfort is running a really great design competition and you can enter right here on 10and5. Here’s what you need to know:
Southern Comfort is celebrating creativity with the launch of its creative exchange, an innovative design contest which invites creatives to tap into the modern spirit of the brand and design a striking interpretation of its provenance. Participants are required to design a two-dimensional piece of artwork which includes an element of the Southern Comfort brand and an expression of its birthplace ‚Äď New Orleans.
Through a panel of locally renowned design fundis, the entries will be shortlisted to the top five pieces. These pieces will be uploaded to the Southern Comfort SA Facebook page, where brand fans can vote for their favourite design.
Create a 2D design piece
- that’s A4 landscape size (210 x 297)
- that includes an element that reflects the Southern Comfort brand (either the bottle, iconography, brand colours)
- that includes at least one element that reflects the New Orleans Heritage of the Southern Comfort Brand (e.g. Mardi Gras, beads, floats, masks, music, jazz, Bourbon Street, its colourful mix of people & cultures, etc)
- Give your design a title that depicts its message
- Designs must be the original work of the person submitting the drawing i.e. only original works will be accepted. No copy written material may be used either.
- The design can be created in any design software or material so long as it can be scanned and sent electronically via email
- The design must be submitted as a PDF
- Save images at 300 DPI but send your submission at 150DPI (Please note that if your design is chosen as one on the winning three, you will need to re-submit it as a 300DPI)
- Please also include 1 x Large Preview Image 640 pixels x 800 pixels; (file size under 260k)
- You must be of legal drinking age to enter
Deadline: 15 July 2011, so get moving!
And now for The Winnings:
1st prize: R12 000, exposure in local design publication One Small Seed, the opportunity to showcase your work on a promotional range of branded Southern Comfort merchandise.
2nd prize: R6000
3rd prize: R3000
How great are those cash prizes?!
The Southern Comfort Pantone colours are Pantone 1805c and Pantone 7506c. Their font is Heron Serif. Download the LOGO, the Southern Comfort Lime BOTTLE and the Southern Comfort Original BOTTLE for inspiration.
A few Don’ts to consider:
- Designs must not incorporate any elements which are the property of any third party i.e. no company names, personal names,
signatures, e-mail addresses or URLs are allowed on your design.
- Inappropriate designs will be rejected.
- Designs must not: feature anyone under the legal drinking age; depict violence, drugs, drug culture, or unlawful or anti-social behaviour, be offensive on grounds of age, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation or likely to cause widespread offence on any other grounds; feature the logos or products of any other brand; feature nudity or depict scenes or behaviour of a sexual nature. Depict the irresponsible consumption of alcohol or the consumption of alcohol before or during activities which require a degree of skill or concentration.