Music Saved My Life | Verb - Between 10 and 5

Music Saved My Life | Verb

Fuzigish - Merwe Marchand Le Roux

Fuzigish - Merwe Marchand Le Roux

Music Saved My Life is a brand new series from Verb which launches tomorrow at Toffie Pop Festival. The project is a way of connecting creative people who are excited about making their art and supporting a good cause at the same time.

The collaborative series has paired up (mostly local) talent – musicians, artists, designers and illustrators, to create a limited edition series of skateboards, t-shirts and tote-bags. A portion of the money raised from the sale of the products will be donated to Sign Language Education and Development; the idea being, as Verb explains, “We can now use the music that we love so much to aid those who aren’t able to hear it.”

These are the Music Saved My Life partnerships:
Die Antwoord – Ninja
Fokofpolisiekar – Louis Minnaar
Zebra & Giraffe – Alice Edy
The King Blues – Wes van Eeden
Fuzigish – Merwe Marchand Le Roux

Purchase the series online at www.revolutiononline.co.za OR let us know in the comments which is your favourite design to stand a chance to win your chosen board, t-shirt and tote bag!

Winner announced next week. Go, go, go!

Zebra & Giraffe - Alice Edy

Zebra & Giraffe - Alice Edy

Fokofpolisiekar - Louis Minnaar

Fokofpolisiekar - Louis Minnaar

The King Blues - Wes van Eeden

The King Blues - Wes van Eeden

Die Antwoord - Ninja

Die Antwoord - Ninja

UPDATE: Enter as many times as you like until midnight today, Monday, April 2nd! Winners will be announced tomorrow, Tuesday, April 3rd.

AND THE WINNER IS PETA!

Congrats! Verb will be in touch about how to claim your prize.

Tags:

Brands:

Worktype:

About the author

More posts by

32 Comments

1. Ling says:

im a little biased cos I love the band…my fave is Fokofpolisiekar – Louis Minnaar

2. Bianca says:

It might not be the best design but it’s definitely my favourite – Die Antwoord by Ninja. It’s a piece of art more than anything else. I can see that hanging over my bed for years to come. A piece of South African music history. This would be a great start to an awesome music-inspired art collection that I’m trying to get into. Come on 10and5, I’m your winner. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. Ninja for life!

3. Rachel says:

Fokofpolisiekar by Louis Minnaar – besides being an ever-dedicated Fokof fan, this is a killer design. Very Fokof. I think it tights in perfectly with their previous album art, posters, flyers etc. One of the reasons why I’m so proud that a band that brings the full package like Fokof came out of S.A. It definitely belongs on Between10and5. I’d like to congratulate Verb on this inspiring and much-needed colab between S.A music and the skateworld. Hopefully there’ll be more of these in the future. Hand over that Fokof deck and it’ll be my prize possession. I’ll clean it everyday. I’ll give it all the attention it needs. I’ll love it dearly and we’ll spend hours together looking at the awesomeness of Between10and5.

4. Peta says:

The Fuzigish/Marchand design wins six love! my favourite!!

5. Daan says:

Mr Marchand Le Roux and good old Fuzigish.Double boom!

6. Richard says:

I really like Alice Edy’s design. Think it works brilliantly as a skate graphic, the reason being that the graphic is inevitably gonna go through a slow process of being destroyed but with this graphic the smudges and scratches will all add to the “feel” of the graphic style. Brilliant graphic by a brilliant board company!

7. Nikki says:

Marchand/Fuzigish. Great combo, awesome design.

8. Rabe says:

For me “The King Blues”

9. Ricardo says:

Fuzigish by Merwe Marchand Le Roux is by far the most spectacular deck in this whole range. It may even be the greatest board design I have ever seen! EVER. I’ve been a skater, verb-fan and most importantly a fuzigish trooper since a young age and damn, does this make me happy! I want this in my collection. No, I need this in my collection. Not only will I jam it hard on the streets of Cape Town, it’ll be a great fixture in my design studio. Perfect for those late night deadlines when the inspiration runs dry. I’ll put on some Fuzigish, have my Verb x Fuzigish board on the wall and head over to Between 10and5 for some much needed mind exploration.

10. gys die tuinman says:

Fokofpolisiekar – Louis Minnaar.
    Ek was nog altyd ‘n MOERSE fokof supporter en mis nie sommer ‘n gig nie. Van hulle eerste gig tot nou. Love julle ouens en wat julle vir die Suid Afrikaanse musiek gedoen het. Julle het die standaarde net soveel verbeter en besluit fok als, ons gaan die ding doen. En daarom behoort julle die vibe te wen. Keep on kicking ass!!!!! Julles is jhas gat.

11. gys die tuinman says:

Fokofpolisiekar Louis Minnaar.
    Ek was nog altyd ‘n MOERSE fokof supporter en mis nie sommer ‘n gig nie. Van hulle eerste gig tot nou. Love julle ouens en wat julle vir die Suid Afrikaanse musiek gedoen het. Julle het die standaarde net soveel verbeter en besluit fok als, ons gaan die ding doen. En daarom behoort julle die vibe te wen. Keep on kicking ass Julles is jhas gat.

12. Jaco says:

Fokofpolisiekar – Louis Minnaar

13. gys says:

Fokofpolisiekar Louis Minnaar.

14. Never fails to impress. Fantastic work!

15. Fraternity Mathabatha says:

Ninja! Die Antwoord always had a unique design feel wherever their brand features, and that was incoporated very neatly by the illustrator.
    Definately takes it, Fokofpolisierkar comes second :) (my opi…)

16. copyparadise says:

The Ninja design kicks Kung-Fu butt. Its the only one that you immediately recognise and associate with the band.

I’d love to own a piece of Zef History. And if you don’t give it to me. Fok Julle.

17. When will the winners be announced

18. Ricardo says:

I’ve been waiting all week in anticipation. Please announce the winners and make my dreams of a kick-ass piece of inspirational art for my studio come true.

19. Claire says:

Zebra & Giraffe – Alice Edy

20. Wynand says:

“Fuzi comin at you with a a phat ska beating!”
    Fuzigish/Marchand

21. Brendan says:

Im a big fuzigish fan. But the Alice Edy- Zebra and Giraffe Board is pure class! Would love to have that deck on display

22. Kara Furter says:

Fuzigish deur Merwe Marchand Le Roux! Great design deur ‘n ongelooflike talentvolle kunstenaar vir ‘n baie belangrike “cause” wat ver te min mense ondersteun.
    Ek was tranerig by die toffie omdat ek nie genoeg geld gehad het om in een van die designs te bele nie. Make my day*

23. Chloe says:

For defs Fuzi – Le Roux styles. My new years resolution is to stop entering competitions…

24. Nic Berti says:

My favourite has got to be the ‘fokofpolisiekar’ one!! The desing shows the rawness of south african rock. I dig the blood droplets falling from the sky, rock n roll at its best!! The birds even look a bit like snake (the drummer) I want this hanging on my wall!!! So badly!!!

25. lorraine says:

Fuzigish definitely! So amazing and inlove with this whole concept :)

26. Charne says:

my gunstelling is Fokofpolisiekar – Louis Minnaar

27. Nadia says:

Fuzigish by Master of the Skank Pit – Merwe Marchand Le Roux!

28. bokamoso says:

I’ve been a loyal fan of Zebra & Giraffe & Verb since their Debut,every time Z&G are in cape town I’m always there for their shows,EVERY month I get I buy a more than 2 Verb T-shirt. I will always be a Fan of of there work.

So I LOVE Zebra & Giraffe – Alice Edy. PLEASE GIVE TO ME!!!

29. xdoomx says:

King Blues! Sick design for a sick band!!

30. Marko says:

Fokofpolisiekar. Little bird-rat men. What’s not to like?