To launch the new Audi A3 Sportback, Ogilvy & Mather Cape Town came up with the Audi A3 Exchange, an opportunity for the public to enter a competition to swop their current car for a new Audi A3.
Entries were made via a microsite. Through voting, the public made the decision whether the final Audi A3 Exchange showdown would take place in Cape Town, Joburg or Durban by tweeting #AudiA3Exchange and #CT, #JHB or #DBN.
Within a few hours of the campaign going live, #AudiA3Exchange was trending on Twitter. These are some of the campaign stats:
• Over the 3 week campaign period, 11 310 people entered to exchange their own car. 82% of which drove direct competitors’ cars.
• Over 50 437 tweets about the campaign were generated.
• The Audi SA Twitter following increased by 68% within the 3 week campaign period.
• The Audi A3 TVC received 56 730 total video views on YouTube.
• R3 116 654 worth of earned media was generated.
• For each week the campaign was live, Audi SA received more than 100 test drives a week.
The top three finalists raced against the clock competing in mental and physical challenges to determine the ultimate winner.
Executive Creative Director: Chris Gotz
Creative Director: Nicholas Wittenberg
Associate Creative Director: Tommy Le Roux
Head of Design: Fred Cilliers
Art Director: Martine Hazell, Reijer van der Vlugt
Copywriter: Alex Holmes, Justin Osburn
Motion Designer: Andrew Pullen
Producers: Cathy Day, Yolanda Snyman
Director: Ian Chuter
Production Company: Platypus
Music & Sound Composition: The Workroom
Head of Development: Umar Jakoet
Developers: Darius de Witt, Siyabonga Makwelo
Managing Partner: Adrian Varkel
Strategist: Dave Mackay, Mark von Bentheim
PR: Adele Kruger, Natasha McEwan
Event Management: FD Majiet, Nancy Flint
Microsite and mobile screenshots: