Khula Bags is a new project aimed at exposing local up and coming artists to a broad audience by putting their designs on custom made handbags and selling them in South Africa and Europe.
Khula is looking for young local creatives to submit their design or artwork to be included in their upcoming range.
- Submit pictures of your artwork (any style – illustration, paintings, patterns, screen prints, photographs, drawings, etchings etc).
- Submit a short bio of yourself and your background.
If your design is chosen, you get:
- Your name, website and description of the artwork printed on the inside of the bags.
- Publicity on the Khula website – an editorial piece about you, linking to your online platforms.
- Promotion of you and your artwork through press and external media publicity.
- R1,000 upfront for your design, or R20 for each bag sold.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Thursday 17 July 2014
Any further queries, please send an e-mail to: khula.artists@gmail.
Terms and Conditions
- Submission of your idea of design does not automatically mean that it will be selected. Successful submissions will be contacted directly. Final selection of designs is at the discretion of Khula. Only selected designs will receive compensation through the above mentioned items.
- You may submit any form of creative work – photography, graphic design, illustration, screen prints, drawings or other forms of artwork.
- You may submit work that has been featured elsewhere, as long as there are no other rights restrictions on the selected work.
- The artist submitting works acknowledges that the work is theirs and that they have full permission to submit it to Khula.
- Khula is absolved of any licensing or rights disputes that can arise from licensing complications due to non-disclosure or other complications.
- If your design is selected, it may not be licensed or used in other bag or carry case designs without obtaining consent from Khula.
- If your final design is selected, you will need to provide: 1. A high resolution picture of the selected artwork (for digital printing), or a prototype of the screenprinted or spray painted artwork on canvas, 2. A description of the selected artwork (max 100 words)