The Orlando towers have been given the go-ahead to receive a new lick of paint, and your design could become part of one of the towers’ new facade. Vodacom has laid claim to this iconic Soweto landmark and partnered with the Living Legends Legacy Project of the Department of Arts and Culture and Business Arts South Africa to open this challenge to creatives across South Africa.
The brief for artwork submissions:
- Show how the Vodacom network empowers South Africans
- Be proudly South African and inspirational
- Celebrate the community
- Depict the future of Soweto
- Show what makes Soweto an iconic township
- Represent what Soweto means to you
A panel comprised of visual artist Helen Sebidi, illustrator Karabo Poppy Moletsane and fine artist Bambo Sibiya will oversee the talent search for artworks. The top three selected artists will co-create the final artwork that will become the new face of the Soweto skyline. They will also each pocket R10 000.
How to enter:
- Fill in the entry form and attach it securely to your original artwork.
- You may submit more than one design but each design must be on a separate sheet of paper (minimum size A3, maximum size A2).
- Each submission must have a fully completed entry form attached. Download the entry form
- Submit your artwork and entry form in a sealed A3 envelope at the designated Drop-off Zone at the Jozi FM radio studio.
Competition closes 14 April 2016.