The City Slickers poster exhibition has had a successful run with the Pretoria and Durban shows over the past few months. The show is still gaining momentum on it’s journey towards London. We’re always on the lookout for more talented artists to add to the mix, so if interested in taking part, please see “Calling all artists” section below.
Next stop: Wessel Snyman Creative – 16/04/10
There’s a lot in store for the Cape Town opening at Wessel Snyman Creative. Revolution Skateboards will be launching Verb, with a collection of limited edition skateboards, tees and Serigraph prints. Keep an eye on Verb as they’re getting behind local artists in a big way and the quality of output from these guys is top drawer. one small seed magazine will be filming the show for one small seed tv. They’ll also be offering prizes for the best works on show and, together with Verb are sponsoring a limited edition artist tee. Scott Robertson, Christian Mugnai, Senyol and Matt Kay; four super-talented artists with diverse and unique styles will customize Lakai trainers for the show.
Some of the artists:
• Anthony Dart • Alistair Palmer • 350173 (love and hate) • Black Koki (love and hate) • Bison • Colwyn Thomas
• Christian Mugnai • Cultural Urge (Argentina) • Daniel Du Plesis • Donovon Sloan • Ellomennopee • Gregory Davies
• Hylton Warburton • Jacques Kleynhans • Jean-Paul Brouard • Jordan Metcalf (Sadmascot) • Kim Longhurst • Kronk
• LouLou & Tummie (Netherlands) • Matt Kay • Maaike Bakker • Merwe Marchand Le Roux • MJ Turpin
• Mzwamdile Buthelezi • Nicolene Louw • Nod Young (Beijing) • Patrick Latimer • Scott Robertson • Senyol
• Showchicken (UK) • Theory1 – (AmiCollective) • Warwick Kay • Wesley van Eeden • and many more…
City Slickers Cape Town – 16th April, 2010
Wessel Snyman Gallery
17 Bree Street, Cape Town
Opening: 18:00 till late
R10 entrance fee
Info: Tel: 021 418 0980