02 Sep Guide to the Loeries 2011 | Official After Party
BREAKING NEWS: The Loeries Official Party has had to move to a bigger venue – Trinity.
“Located a stone’s throw from the V&A Waterfront, the venue offers us the perfect space for the creative industry. We will also be adding a huge marquee to get everyone together in one space,” says Andrew Human, CEO of The Loerie Awards. “We’ll be showing the awards ceremony live at Trinity from 6pm, and we have an MTV Sound Stage with pan-African performers including the Loeries own soundtrack artist, Kwesta.” [Watch the “Kwesta – Hater” video on YouTube and download the track from Vodacom Mobile by SMS-ing “Hater” to 31116 (SMS is FREE)]
The doors open at 6pm for the live link, where drinks and food will be available, DJs will perform and the Sunday awards at the CTICC will be broadcast live. After the awards, everyone from the CTICC will come across to join the party and celebrate the year’s best work.
Artists performing at the Official Party include Zakes Bantwini, Professor, Goldfish, Tumi and the Volume, Kwesta, Cassette and Cabo Snoop. Plus DJ’s Sphectacula, Naves, VigiLante, Euphonik, Roger Goode, Milkshake, Zinhle and Dimplez. Trinity also offers sit down dining at the Grill Restaurant and a café that will serve comfort food throughout the night. Tables at the Grill Restaurant can be reserved for two seating times – first at 21:30 and second at 23:30. Contact Chantelle Joubert on 021 418 0624 or 074 237 8694 to reserve a table. And remember, access to the restaurant will only be for Loeries delegates.
The Loeries Sunday awards ceremony is already sold out and there are still a limited number of seats available for the Saturday awards. Remember – if you attend the Saturday awards you will also get access to the Sunday live link at the Official Party.
– The Chairman’s Party is back! The legendary Chairman’s Party is back by popular demand, thanks to agency MotherRussia and previous Loeries Chairman Festus Masekwameng, who will host the event. The party will kick off at 10pm on Friday 16 September – venue to be announced.
– Those flying kulula can enter their name and individual email addresses on their ticket on the Loeries website to receive a voucher to be presented at kulula’s dedicated Loeries counter at OR Tambo International Airport for access to the Grand Prix winning SLOW Lounge, dedicated check-in, 10kg free excess baggage and special on-board perks. Ticket-holders have until Sunday 4 September to enter this information.
– The Grand Daddy Hotel will provide an afternoon of entertainment for delegates on Friday 16 September. Gazelle will perform on the rooftop of the Grand Daddy, amongst the trailers from 18h30 until 20h30.
– To keep up with what’s happening over the weekend, attendees have the option to receive FREE SMS programme alerts straight to their phone, thanks to Vodacom Mobile Media. Here’s how: Simply SMS ‘JOIN’ to 43520 and you will receive FREE programmme updates between Friday 16th and Monday 19th September. You’ll receive NO SPAM and the initial SMS costs just 50 cents. Register now and you stand a chance to win a Rockstar weekend – including a pair of Rockstar passes (giving VIP access to Loeries functions) and a suite at the Grand Daddy Hotel (T&C’s apply).
– On Saturday evening, VIP guests, Rockstar pass holders, and Gold Winners are invited to the first Marie Claire Winners Party at the Reserve.
The major sponsors of The 33rd Annual Loerie Awards are Cape Town Tourism, The City of Cape Town, Gearhouse South Africa Additional Sponsors and Official Suppliers SABC, Greensky, Sappi, Vodacom Mobile Media, Adobe, Aon South Africa, Hetzner, Lasernet, Gallo Images, Paygate, Ornico Group, Rocketseed, Newsclip, Grand Daddy Hotel, Cape Town Partnership, Ultra Litho, Graphica, BEE Online, ARC Telecoms, Tempest Car Hire, Think iT Solutions, Backsberg, ADreach, Vega the Brand Communication School, Design School South Africa, Draftfcb Johannesburg, Ads24, GreaterCapital, Southern Sun Hyde Park Sandton, Injozi, Pollen, Mesh, Associated Magazines, LifeSense Financial Services, Commercial Producers Association, Media Film Service, kulula.com, Johannesburg Tourism Company, The Forum, EMI Music, Adams & Adams Attorneys, Howard Music, PocketMedia Solutions, YouTube, Shots Travelling Exhibition Venues and Dates Dates to remember: Stellenbosch Academy, Stellenbosch DV8 Saatchi & Saatchi, Namibia