Following Liquorice Online last year and 140BBDO the year before, the guys at Draftfcb are the custodians and creators of this year’s Movember interagency challenge. Their campaign is a local, agency-related, angle on the international 2012 Movember campaign. We’ll let them fill you in:
It’s that time of the year again. Yep gentlemen, it’s Movember, so man up and start trimming, teasing and twirling those tashes.
The annual interagency moustache growing contest to raise funds for CANSA is being hosted by Draftfcb Cape Town this year. Based on the adage that a moustache is like a punctuation mark for a man’s face, unique icons were created for each agency using the punctuation mark that resembles a mo the most…the curly bracket.
All funds raised are directed to programmes run directly by Movember and the Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA).
To register go to movember.com/za/register. Registration closes tomorrow, October 31st, so don’t delay.
The agency that raises the most donations will receive a coveted Mo’ward at the official prize giving party on 30 November 2012 (details to be announced shortly). The team with the most impressive growth will win the prestigtious Agency of the Year Mo’ward and a bunch of other prizes befitting mos of such stature.
How to Register:
1. Pick your agency’s team of the four hairiest mo bros
2. Give your team a name
3. Each team member must first register as an individual at movember.com/za/register by October 31. Register as a new Mo, enter your details and upload a profile pic. Once everyone’s registered you can create or join your agency’s team and start raising funds
4. Start with a fresh shave on Movember 1st and upload a team photo to your agency’s Mo’space page
5. Whether you’re in the agency team or not, you can participate in Movember by growing a mo (your official agency style or any other you choose) for the next 30 days. Note that sporting any other kind of facial hair during Movember is frowned upon
6. Whether you’re growing a mo or just supporting, you can help spread the word by using agency’s mo logo as your email signature. Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you your agencies email signature.
7. Our noble Mo Sistas can support their Mo Bros by sponsoring one of their agency Mo Bros throughout Movember
8. Encourage your clients to sponsor your agency team. Sponsors can make secure donations to teams or individuals at za.movember.com/donate/. The agency that raises the most donations will receive a coveted mo’ward at the official prize giving party on 27 November 2012 (details to be announced shortly)
9. The team with the most impressive growth will win the prestigtious Agency of the Year mo’ward and a bunch of other prizes befitting mos of such stature
10. Visit za.movember.com for more information