To advertise this year’s event, Oppikoppi – South Africa’s biggest, thorniest, dustiest, craziest, 19-year-old music festival – has booked a whole smattering of billboards across the country. And they want you to feature in them.
The theme for Oppikoppi 2013 is Bewilderbeast inspired by Badly Drawn Boy’s album “The hour of the Bewilderbeast”. They got local Michael Taylor to bring the theme to life. Now they’re running the Oppikoppi Beastie-est boys (and girls) Billboard Competition and this is the call for entries.
Oppikoppi are looking for your faces/photos/artwork/creative offerings to feature on their billboards. Check out some examples above. 6 lucky beasts will be chosen – 2 in Joburg, 2 in Pretoria and 2 in Cape Town – to be featured on a billboard and win 1 ticket to the festival.
· Please specify in which town you would like to be famous.
· Originality, creativity and audacity wins.
· Please email an image of no bigger than 1 meg (but original size must be high res enough for a billboard).
· Image has to be in Landscape format.
· Entrants need to be older than 18.
· Entrants do not have to be pretty to be famous (Just think about Calla Scholtz all those years ago).
· To be eligible for the competition, participants or entrants must reside in the Republic of District 9 for the duration of the festival.
Entries are officially open, so go wild!
Oppikoppi Bewilderbeast takes place over 8, 9 and 10 August 2013 in Northam, Limpopo.