Hello Ambassador (the first creative conference to be held in Pretoria) is all set for an exciting debut. The event will be taking place at the Pretoria State Theatre on the 27th and 28th of September, boasting the very best local talent South Africa has to offer.
It’s no secret that over the past few years Pretoria has seen an undeniable surge in the field of creativity, but Pretoria based creatives are yet to find their equivalent to Cape Town’s Indabas and Johannesburg’s creative conventions. Hello Ambassador is stepping in to fill this gap.
The primary focus of Hello Ambassador is to create an effective platform for emerging artists, creative entrepreneurs and industry experts to meet, network and collaborate. The conference is set up with the aim to inspire and educate young artists, and highlight some of the opportunities that exist within the South African creative industry.
The conference has a growing list of speakers giving creative talks and workshops, including:
- Markus Wormstorm – composer, author, entrepreneur (The Blackheart Gang, Biblo.tv)
- Carel Hoffman – owner of Hilltop Live and Oppikoppi Productions.
- Giuseppe Russo – creative entrepreneur, founder and editor-in-chief of One Small Seed.
- Sibs Shongwe-La Mer – award winning independent filmmaker.
- Mike Sharman – owner of Retroviral Digital Communications.
- Karlien Thomashoff – Y+K Architects, Thomashoff & partner Architects, WitOpWit.
- Ryan McManus – executive creative director of Native.
- Pluto Panuossis – Filmmaker, creator of Skaapstad, head of Open Windows Film Arts.
- Ben Rausch – DJ, producer, designer, animator (Rebel Alliance, Cool Your Jets)
Together with the conference, an exhibition will be hosted in the Drama theatre with a focus on exhibiting local initiatives, artists, brands, projects and educational institutes. If you or the work you do falls into one of those categories, and you’re interested in exhibiting at the Hello Ambassador Expo, email email@example.com for more information.
Building up to the conference, a design competition aimed at students, freelancers and entrepreneurs is being held. The competition provides the opportunity to gain worthwhile exposure and win a range of prizes. The competition is divided into two categories: “Art, Design, Film and Music” and “Marketing and Branding.” The closing date for all categories is 15 September 2013 at 11pm. Download the entry form and category briefs here.
And finally, what would a great creative conference be without an equally awesome after party to end things off on a high note? The After Party marks the launch of a new party venue in Pretoria, Prince Church, which will be opening its doors for the first time that night. The line up includes a number of bands and DJs (Bittereinder, Make Overs, The Faradays, Particle_One), live graffiti, performance art, and AV shows. Entry is free with conference tickets or R80 at the door.
Tickets for Hello Ambassador are available at Computicket and can be purchased in the following packages:
- 2 Day conference pass (R550 p/p) – includes access to all talks, areas and expos as well as entrance to the Awards Ceremony and After Party. This option also comes with a student discount (R500 per student, R450 per scholar).
- Daily conference pass (Friday: R350 p/p, Saturday: R350 p/p) – includes access to all talks and expo areas for Friday only. It does not include access to the After Party.
- Block bookings (R450 p/p for bookings of 10+ people) – includes access to all talks, areas and expos as well as entrance to the Awards Ceremony and After Party.