23 Feb I Create We Create Presents: The Business of Creativity Youth Conference
For budding creatives looking to merge their craft with viable business strategies, I Create We Create (ICWC) presents The Business of Creativity Youth Conference.
ICWC together with their sponsors; Hansa Pilsener, Joe Public South Africa, Constitution Hill and Velocity Afrika, aim to empower business-minded young creatives by equipping them with the necessary tools to sharpen their entrepreneurial acumen.
Banele Rewo, founder of ICWC says, “Creativity is reputed to be about fun and games but the speakers at the conference will show that their success has been a result of hard work, developing and honing certain skill sets and of course, talent.”
The Business of Creativity conference will feature:
– Mdu Ntuli of the weekly online comic show Izikhokho Show
– Restaurateur Vusi “Blackanese” Kunene
– Co-founder of Thesis Lifestyle Brand, Wandile Zondo
– Musician Okmalumkoolkat will give a talk titled From Local Idea to Global Brand
– Self-taught investment maverick Kganya Kgare will talk about his career journey from unemployed matriculant and call centre agent to becoming an Emerging Markets Economist at Asset Manager Stanlib
Four interactive panel discussions will feature:
– The Business of Art: MJ Turpin and Matthew Dean (Kalashnikov Gallery)
– Business, Creativity and Young Women: Zama Phakathi and Ramurai Musekiwa
– The Business of Fashion: DOPE Store and Strussbob’s Nthato Modiselle
– The Business of Music: Musician Lebo “Shugasmakx” Mothibe and Architect, DJ and producer DJ Elque.
A practical film and photography workshop will run alongside the Business of Creativity workshop:
Leading photography and film practitioners:
Date: Saturday, February 28, 2015 from 9am until 4pm
Venue: Constitution Hill, Johannesburg
Cost: Tickets are R40 from Webtickets or at Pick ‘n Pay
Velocity Afrika Film and Photography workshop
Cost: Free, limited to 100 people. Register here.