The Institute for Creative Arts (ICA) and Africa Centre is now open for proposals from interested candidates to present at the Infecting the City public arts festival 2019. This event will run from 25 – 30 November 2019.
Being the longest running public arts festival in South Africa, it will provide an opportunity to bring art, music, dance and performance out of theatres and galleries. The artists will be able to showcase their art directly on the streets and public spaces of Cape Town.
Infecting the City reinterprets shopping hubs and transport as transformative stages to showcase an array of multi-disciplinary art forms. This platform encourages artists to display their artworks related to historical and contemporary narratives relevant to the City and its people.
How to apply:
The interested candidates are requested to submit a single PDF file with the following details:
- Share your contact details like name, email address, phone number
- Outline of proposed creative artwork to be presented at Infecting the City 2019 not more than one page. You can include images and links wherever needed.
- If the artwork has been showcased somewhere, you need to include links to access the work.
- Curriculum Vitae of artist/s or company
- Precise budget about the monetary support from the ICA.
The last date for the proposal submissions is Friday 31 May 2019 until 5 pm. You need to send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ITC PROPOSAL.
For more information, you can directly contact the ICA office through email: email@example.com