05 Sep 10and5 set to host 3rd A3E Exhibition in partnership with MINI
As previously announced, we have officially launched the Artist Acceleration and Exposure Programme (A3E) to offer young, emerging artists the opportunity to accelerate their career as an artist by giving the artists the exposure and platform needed to reach new markets, build a profile.
Thus far, we have hosted two exhibitions; the first instalment was held at MINI Auto Bavaria in Midrand on Thursday, 22 August, where Ayla Senekal, Blessing Blaai, Bongani Ndlovu, Lebogang Mabone, Lisolomzi Pikolo, Mpho Machate and Odirile Khune got to showcase their artworks.
The second one took place at BMW Cape Town Cnr Heerengracht & Hertzog Blvd on Tuesday, 27 August. Cloe te Water Naude, Dominic de Villiers, Ellena Lourens, Emma Penfold, Lionel Tavitya Mbayiwa, Melissa Tabisher, Quade Howes, Shakil Solanki and Toka Hlongwane produced exceptional artworks, resulting in us having yet another successful A3E exhibition.
We are proud to announce that the third exhibition will be taking place in Sandton on Thursday, 12 September. Artists showcasing include Boitumelo Diseko, Keneilwe Mokoena, Khotso Motsoeneng, Moshala Molema, Pule Ratsoma, Sarah Grace, Sinalo Ngcaba, Neil Badenhorst and Selwyn Steyn.
What benefits are the selected artists receiving?
- Editorial Features. Accelerated exposure through the 10and5 network, and our video partners. Artists will receive exposure to up to 1,5 million people a month.
- An exhibition produced. A fully paid for group exhibition, including printing, framing, hanging and production costs, plus a competitive commission rate that is made possible by our corporate partners.
- A place in our artists’ residency programme. Our 10and5 residency program is back up and running, and we’re hosting a small selection of our A3E program in our residency program.
- Commercial Training. We’re creating opportunities for commercial artist training modules to help make artists more familiar with the financial side of running a creative practice.
- Merchandise with Short-run Special Editions. We’ll work with the artists to license their artworks to our merchandising division and create a range of accessible merch in the form of t-shirts, totes, caps
To find out more about the A3E programme, click here.