10 Oct International Public Arts Festival Calls for Applications & Announces 2020 Theme
The streets of Salt River are once again ready to host the 2020 International Public Art Festival (IPAF). Returning for its fourth installment with “Digitalisation” as a theme, the festival will be a reflection of the artistic views of the modern age and the ubiquitous presence of the internet, digital technologies and their seamless integration into modern life. It will promote a discussion on a more sustainable future within the era of the digital revolution.
IPAF is making an official OPEN CALL to South African artists as well as artists from around the African continent to take part by creating public art murals in Salt River; one of Cape Town’s burgeoning urban residential and industrial enclaves.
The artworks must be:
1) Explorative: as they explore and integrate in unusual spaces, create accidental encounters and pose small art gestures;
2) Visible and public-friendly;
3) Collaborative: in how they foster dialogue within the community, public discussion and positive development;
4) Interdisciplinary: by ideally incorporating digital and multimedia forms (from murals to projection, virtual reality experiences).
Applications to include:
● Name, Country of Origin, Phone Number, Email
● A biography and visual portfolio of your work (minimum 5 pictures). Bio to include: Personal background, experience and previous achievements, your motivation to participate
● Profile picture
● Sketch for proposed work
● Copy of ID/ Passport
● Social Media links / Website
The deadline for submissions is on the 31st October 2019, and all submissions must be sent to email@example.com.
For more information, visit baz-art.