In preparation for the much anticipated “Birds Of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)” release on the 7th February 2020, we are calling on all illustrators to create the characters in your own unique style. Keep reading to find out more about this amazing opportunity.
The film is based on the DC comic series and features an all-female super hero team with incredibly talented actresses taking on these roles. The cast includes Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya, and Jurnee Smollet-Bell as Black Canary. Opening in cinemas on 7 February 2020, the film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
We are on the hunt for illustrators to create the Birds of Prey team in your own unique style. We are looking for artwork that captures the stylish, unpredictable and slightly unhinged tone of the film. In your illustrations, break from the traditional superhero playbook, and embrace the true spirit of the characters:
Harley Quinn – The Fantabulous Anti-Hero
Huntress – The Gritty Vigilante
Black Canary – The Femme Fatale
Montoya – The Hardboiled Detective
All you have to do to enter the competition, is submit an A4 PDF file of your original creation, using the submission form below.
10and5 will select the Top 10 illustrations from the submissions received, and these will placed into an Instagram Story Voting Poll. Our audience will be given the chance to vote for their favourite illustration. We will announce the Top 3 in a reveal post on our platforms, and the winners will receive the following prizes worth a total of R22,000:
- 1st Prize: Apple iPhone 11 worth R16,000
- 2nd Prize: Takealot Voucher to the value of R3,500
- 3rd Prize: Deckle Edge Art Store Voucher to the value of R2,500
This is a fantastic opportunity to have your work featured on 10and5.com and our social platforms. Don’t miss the chance to gain exposure for your artistry and stand the chance to win your share of prizes!
Submissions are now closed!
Terms and Conditions:
- Competition closes on the 4 February 2020
- No submissions will be accepted after this date
- The selection of our top ten candidates is final, and they will be notified via email
- The social media competition is subject to audience votes and is not decided upon by Between 10and5
- The winners will be notified via email of their prize once competition closes