28 Feb The Creative Industries Careers Expo Set to Take Place from 11 – 13 March in JHB
The Creative Industries Career Expo is a fresh and unique event providing a platform for learners and youth to easily access information and gain insight into the different careers in the creative, cultural and heritage sectors.
Taking place from 11 – 13 March at Museum Africa in Newtown, the Career Expo is being hosted by Creative Knowledge, in partnership with the Department of Arts and Culture, the City of Joburg Museum Africa, the SAMRO Foundation, the Market Theatre Foundation, and Creative Feel.
Over the past few years, the focus has been placed on careers in the creative, cultural and heritage industries, with numerous institutions now offering education and training in these fields. Universities, technikons, colleges and non-profit organisations across the country provide an extensive range of courses, diplomas, degrees and post-graduate degrees in the sector.
The main objectives of the Expo are:
- To inform learners, educators and parents of the career opportunities in the creative industries
- To expose and promote courses being offered at relevant institutions
- To strengthen learners’ capacity to access the creative industries
- To inform learners of the potential benefits and challenges they could encounter in the creative industries
- To encourage the importance and benefits of careers in the creative industries
The 2020 Expo will be held over three days, curated around the following:
- An Exhibition of Training and Education institutions and Arts Organisations and the courses they offer, as well as bursary opportunities for learners
- Career Guidance Workshops: Facilitated by educators, industry experts, and artists
- A Session for Parents who wish to engage with the sector about their children pursuing careers in the arts
The Creative Industries Career Expo aims to showcase a range of offerings in the following sectors, in all years of studies, whether for certificates, diplomas or degrees:
Cultural Policy and Research
Film and Television
Jewellery Design and Manufacture
Marketing for the Arts
The Expo offers free entrance and is open to all. It will run from 09h00 – 16h00 daily. Schools wishing to attend can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cicareerexpo.co.za.