06 Mar vida e caffè Invites Illustrators To Create Limited-Edition Designs For Their Sustainable Takeaway Coffee Cups
To celebrate and bring awareness to their new and improved sustainable takeaway coffee cups, vida e caffè has called on illustrators to conceptualise and create an innovative limited edition design for their range of takeaway coffee cups.
Illustrators and designers will receive a thrilling opportunity to not only boast their creative work on the fast-growing coffee retailer’s packaging, but also showcase this to a wider audience at the Cape Town Coffee Festival (9-10 May 2020) as 10 designs will be selected to be on display at the event as part of the Coffee Art Project. A selection of three of the best designs, selected with the help of vida e caffè’s community, will be printed onto the takeaway coffee cups which will be distributed across 300+ vida e caffè stores nationwide.
As a brand that is making strides in reducing its environmental footprint, vida e caffè is committed to prioritising responsible production and consumption goals as part of their journey to ensure a more sustainable world.
As coffee is the number one product sold by the brand, vida e caffè set its sights on the biggest single-use packaging item in the business – the takeaway coffee cup. Half a trillion disposable cups are manufactured annually around the world; that is over 70 disposable cups for every person on the planet.
vida e caffè remains at the forefront of the coffee industry in South Africa in terms of innovation. The paper cups are coated with corn starch as opposed to using a plastic inner-lining, making them biodegradable and compostable. The moulded fibre lids are made from wheatgrass and bamboo fibre, making them biodegradable and compostable. The waste from the paper cups and moulded fibre lids, together with recycled newspaper and other paper waste are used to make the moulded fibre cup carriers resulting in a product that is second use.
The conscious consumer movement is becoming more powerful as each day passes and purchasing decisions are more considered than ever before. vida e caffè will continue to work tirelessly to inspire the next generation of coffee lovers to live a more sustainable and eco-friendly life by providing greener options at every available opportunity.
To be shortlisted for this exciting opportunity, please use the form below to submit your portfolio. Based on your design style, our top 10 submissions will be briefed on the project and commissioned to design the look of vida e caffè’s new takeaway coffee cups.
Terms and Conditions:
- Portfolio submissions will close on Friday, 20th March. No submissions will be accepted after this date.
- Any portfolio submissions will only be used as part of the selection process for this project, and will not be distributed externally
- Neither Between 10and5 or vida e caffè have claim to the submitted portfolios beyond the scope of this project
- The submitted portfolios are for internal use only and will not be distributed externally
- Judges decision on the top 10 portfolio submissions are final
- The top 10 will be contacted privately with the official brief to design the limited edition design for the takeaway coffee cups
- Top 10 will receive a R1,000 vida e caffè voucher upon our receipt of the design
- Top 10 designs will be displayed at the Cape Town Coffee Festival
- If you are not contacted within 2 weeks, please note that your portfolio submission has not been successful
- Only the Top 3 selected designs will be produced and distributed across vida e caffè stores
- The Top 3 selected designs will each receive a R5,000 commission