Yogi Sip’s brand purpose states that they believe in the youth of today and as a result, commit to fuel their creativity for tomorrow. This purpose has seen the return of the annual Yogi Sip campaign; bigger and better this year with 10and5. Aimed at inspiring the youth across the country, it is once again giving emerging creatives the platform to shine.
The Yogi Sip Young Creators’ Network campaign is calling on creatives , illustrators and digital designers to submit their existing work or new work. By doing this they stand a chance to be part of the Yogi Sip Young Creators Network and also in the running to design the limited edition packaging for 2021’s Youth Month celebration. Knowing that SA youth reeks of talent and creativity, the brand launched the platform in efforts to bring about change in the industry and help fuel the creativity of tomorrow.
Popular for his distinctive creative style under the sobriquet Slaying Goliath, David Tshabalala became the first artist to redesign the Yogi Sip packaging in June 2019, as well curate the Young@Art exhibition which took place in the same month. We covered last year’s campaign in our recap here.
The baton was passed by Slaying Goliath to 23-year-old designer and illustrator Masonwabe Ntloko who became the winner of the Young@Art exhibition and took home a cash prize and the opportunity to tell his story around what Youth Month means to him as the youth of today by designing the 2020 pack that is on shelves in June in celebration of Youth Month. Masonwabe will be sure to pass on the baton to the 2021 designer.
Do you think you have what it takes to design next year’s Yogi Sip packaging?
The winner of the exhibition will follow in Ntloko’s footsteps to design next year’s limited edition packaging. If you think you have what it takes, submit 2 – 10 of your original artworks (as individual .png files) below.
The closing date for submissions is 30 June 2020 at 5 pm. No submissions will be accepted beyond this point. (Please note that submissions emailed to Between 10and5 once the submission form has been removed, will be considered late and will not be entered). Entries closed.
Terms and Conditions for Yogi Sip Young Creators’ Network Competition:
- By entering into the Danone Yogi Sip Young Creators’ Network competition, entrants agree to the rules set out below.
- This competition is limited to all residents of RSA, except employees of Danone, holding companies and subsidiaries, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families.
- To participate in this competition, entrants have to share previous work or new work they create and to upload and submit to the Yogi Sip Creators Network portal.
- By submitting their work, those that enter allow for Yogi Sip to utilise this work on any Yogi Sip platforms.
- By utilising the creative and work submitted, Yogi Sip commits to credit the creatives at all times.
- An opportunity to design the limited edition pack for 2021 and a cash prize of R20 000.
- The judge’s decision on the shortlist is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No substitution or cash redemption of non-cash prizes is permitted.
- It is expected that people will enter their creative work, and not those of others. This is to avoid fraud and possible litigation.
- By entering this competition you authorise Danone, the promoter, to collect, store and use (not share) personal information of entrants for communication or statistical purposes.
- The winner/s or participants may be required to take part in publicity for broadcast or publishing purposes, which is conditional upon their agreement to take part in such publicity.
- Winners or participants that take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise.
- All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the promoter.